Friday, December 4, 2009

What I’m Not Doing for Christmas this Year …

Rev Gal Blog Pals Friday Five is easy this week … Name five things you are not doing to prepare for Christmas this year ….

1.  No outdoor lights are going up which is a shame because to me Christmas lights in the dark of night really speak the Christmas message. But, alas, no kids at home, and I have decided I don’t need to be crawling across the roof this year.

2.  Cookie baking has been pared down to the bare minimum. The remainder of my cookies are coming from the American Cancer Society Cookie Walk at the South Fayette Fire Hall. I will be making the cutout sugar cookies with icing that have been my trademark of Christmas for 20 years.

3.  Very little Christmas shopping being done in the stores this year. What shopping I’m doing has been done online.

4.  I have a basement full of decorations and only my favorite ones are coming out this year.

5.  Not stressing about the house being spotless for our annual Open House for the congregation. Hmm… I’ll let you know how that goes.

My favorite Advent song this year is a choral piece by Lloyd Larson. I don’t have an easy way to link you to it but this one takes you to a place to listen:

A Voice Cries Out by Lloyd Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment