It would be easier to reflect on the worst of 2009, but the best way to feel thankful is to give thanks ….
1. Camp Crestfield activities and retreats throughout the year.
2. Leadership retreats at Antiochian Village and Camp Crestfield.
3. Discovery of the D. Min. program at the University of Dubuque and completion of the first year seminar.
4. Visit to St. Paul’s, our sister church in Blantyre, Malawi
5. Installation Service at Gladden UP
6. Ordination service of my seminary “wifey” – yes, that would be best friend.
7. Vacation Bible School
8. Participation in the 50th anniversary celebration of my aunt and uncle in Pinehurst, North Carolina – complete with choral works.
9. Watching the development of our worship committee as they work to make a difference.
10. A year of weddings, baptisms, new members and God’s faithfulness through all of our lives – even to the grave!
11. The faithfulness of our choir members who struggle against great odds to make a “joyful noise on to the Lord” each Sunday – bless them!
12. The friendship and active encouragement given to me by our clerk of session. She has kept me sane this year with trips to the symphony and many encouraging notes and chuckles.