Thursday, December 31, 2009

Scripture snippets tell the story …

The Wee Kirk newsletter arrived and in it was the suggestion that we utilize the following “speaking points” of scripture as jumping off points to the narrative story of the Old and New Testaments … Not a bad place to start for some reflection and perhaps even some memorization …

God saw everything he had made; ...it was very good  (Genesis 1:31a)
"You shall have no other gods before me."  (Exodus 20:3)
...I will fear no evil for you are with me;  (Psalm 23:4)
...his praise shall continually be in my mouth.  (Psalm 34:1)
...and renew a right spirit within me.  (Psalm 51:10)
...if you hear [God's] voice, do not harden your hearts... (Psalm 95:7)
But my eyes are toward you, O God, my Lord;  (Psalm 141:8)
"...I have called you by name, you are mine."  (Isaiah 43:1)

He has showed you, O man, what is good...  (Micah 6:8)
...I will take joy in the God of my salvation.  (Habakkuk 3:18)
"I am with you...to the end of the age."  (Matthew 28:20)
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...  (John 1:14)
"No one comes to the Father except through me."  (John 14:6)
"you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come"  (Acts 1:8)
...but be transformed by the renewal of your mind.  (Romans 12:2)
...so in him we might become the righteousness of God.  (2 Corinthians 5:21)
...do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus... (Colossians 3:17)
...fan into flame the gift of God which is in you...  (2 Timothy 1:6)
...but now you are God's people...you have received mercy.  (1 Peter 2:10)
"Surely I am coming soon."  Amen, come Lord Jesus.  (Revelation 22:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment