Friday, April 30, 2010

Friends …

1) Do you remember your first best friend? What did you do together? Are they still in your life?

My first best friend was probably Lilly Dean Sutton – the pastor’s daughter.  We stayed in touch for a year after they moved to Nebraska and even made a visit, but I have no idea where she is now.  One of my best memories was that visit – made while taking my sister to stewardess school – no, they weren’t flight attendants then so I’m showing my age a bit.  While we were visiting there was a MAJOR snowstorm and we were snowed in longer than anticipated. My step-mother and I came home on a bus. It was pretty exciting.

2) Did you ever have to move away or have your best friend move away from you?

I had both happen. The case mentioned above, and then twice I moved between towns growing up. Both times it was painful and I left good friends.

I’ve had several good friends as adults who have moved and I’ve also moved. We try to stay in touch but it’s hard. The funny thing is when we do get together it’s as though we just pick up on the last conversation.


3) Are there people in your life now that you can call 'friend'?

I have more friends now than I had ever had which has been a REAL blessing in the life of ministry. We hang tough for each other – cry and laugh – encourage each other many times. Still, there are always those special few.

4) What are some of your favorite things to do with your friends?

Laugh. Listen. Love. Learn. Pray. Cry. Read. Talk. Serve. Worship. Walk. Eat. Find my center.

I loved Deb’s answer, and I’m keeping it.

5) What is a gift friendship has given you?

The gift of encouragement and the ability to be myself – no pretense.

No comments:

Post a Comment