Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals

1) Your lifesaving food/beverage.
Mountain Dew and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – a leftover from the newsroom early deadline need for adrenaline.


2) Your lifesaving article of clothing.
Long cotton skirts and sandals

3) Your lifesaving movie/book/tv show/music.
OK at the risk of seeming too liturgical – THE BIBLE.  But mystery books are my lifesaver from reality – meaning I don’t need to remember a single thing once I finish it.  Music in general and particularly piano music is the place where I can meet God and have my soul restored.

4) Your lifesaving friend.
Geez. Hard to choose. Good friends who listen to me rant and still love me… family who do the same….God who continually nurtured the thought that we do not have to be defined by our past….redemption is possible NOW.

5) Your lifesaving moment.

When an application for a Religion Newswriters scholarship crossed the desk of our newsroom editor. With a lot of help that scholarship was submitted overnight with prayer and trembling. As one of 10 journalists in the US, I was able to take my first seminary course, allowing me to FINALLY honor a call to ministry God placed on my life in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment