1. Undoubted one of the greatest perks is the privilege of sharing in the congregation’s greatest joys and sorrows. Being in ministry means I am part of the family of God … an extended family which nurtures and cares for one another… and for the most part that has been true.
2. The flexible schedule afforded by ministry is a blessing. I may work longer hours but it is possible to juggle my responsibilities as a wife and mother.
3. I get paid to read – what a concept. I can curl up with a good book and honestly call it work.
4. Excellent health benefits – with a husband on disability and a daughter prone to accidents – this perk has been a tremendous blessing.
5. The opportunity for continuing education and travel experiences including travel to our sister congregation in Blantyre, Malawi, Africa.